Hooah Hottie of the Week ~ Julie
I am so excited to introduce you all to our very first Hooah Hottie of the Week, her name is Julie! She has an incredible blog that I personally love and she takes some really fabulous photographs. Congratulations Julie!
- 1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, job, hobbies, your background, your family, where you are stationed, what branch of the military your loved one serves in, etc.
I am Julie and I love taking pictures, scrapbooking, reading & traveling. I also enjoy movies and some tv shows. I have 2 boys who are 3 and 5 years old. My husband and I have been married 7.5 years. He joined the military after we had been married 3.5 years. I grew up in Southern California in a non-military family. I don’t work outside the home and hope to have a WAHM business when we move to the US. Right now we are stationed in Grafenwoehr, Germany. My husband is in the US Army. He first joined at age 19 but then re-joined after he met me at age 30. He is now career military.
2. Favorite TV Show
I have a lot of favorites but I think overall it is Lost!
3. Favorite Meal
Steak, baked potato and a veggie
4. Favorite Book
I have a lot of favorites but right now probably Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
5. Favorite Website
Facebook! It allows me to keep in touch with friends and family all over.
6. Twitter Username
7. What’s one piece of advice you wish someone would have given you prior to joining the military family?
Sometimes things work out in your favor and sometimes things really don’t. You just have to go with it because that is how Army life is.
8. What is your favorite military related resource? Specific blog, website, organization, etc.
Probably MWR (Morale, Welfare, & Recreation) and what they have given out to our community.
9. What has been the most challenging aspect of military life and how do you cope with it?
Having to go through 2 deployments in a 3 year period. The 1st deployment was 15 months and then he had to go again after exactly a year. I got through it by keeping busy, planning trips, good friends and going to PWOC.
10. If you have children, how do you balance your daily life while your service member is deployed?Keeping busy, planning things, always doing something. You just keep going and making things fun for them. If daddy can’t be home, they might as well be having as much fun as possible.
11. How many deployments have you experienced? What are some things you have learned for surviving them?
2 deployments. I have learned that they do not last forever. That the end will come. That you will feel like a family again. That it takes work to get through them. That you need friends to get through them.
12. How are you actively involved in the military community?
Right now I am apart of PWOC but not a huge part of the FRG. I have been in the past though and would like to again. There is a lot to get involved with but you have to balance it with home life too.
13. Why are you proud of your service member?
I am proud of him because he does what a lot of other people don’t want to do. He has to give up so much and he does it because he loves his country and feels like it is the right thing to do. Even though it can be very hard sometimes.
14. Have you experienced any negativity from anyone outside the military community? How did you handle it?
Not too much. They tell you to be careful while in Europe but I haven’t seen anything first hand related to being military. I know it is out there though.
15. What goals have you set for yourself?
My goals are to create a warm and loving home for my kids. To continue to work on my photography. To encourage other military wives through this life.
16. In 3 words, I would describe this life as…
Hard, Exciting, Unpredictable…but I love it!
17. My blog address is…
THANKS JULIE FOR SUCH A GREAT INTERVIEW! HOOAH!
The Hooah Hottie of the Week is a new project I’ve developed for my blog. It’s a way for each of to learn from one another about this military life and connect with other women going through the very same things. If you want to be featured, please e-mail HooahHottie1@yahoo.com.